Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Regional Helper Seminar & Regional Meeting

Hi sportsfriends,

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer training season – we’ve been pretty fortunate in Montana, with highs rarely out of the 80s this summer. I just wanted to put one more plug in for the Regional Helper Seminar this coming weekend. Dennis van der Linde is an excellent teaching helper, excellent communicator and generally a pretty good guy, so I know it will be a worthwhile event. I know we have a number of talented helpers in our region, particularly in the Oregon and Washington corridor, and there aren’t a ton of opportunities for those folks to get certified and to brush up on their technique. Twin County will take good care of everyone, and if you bring a dog to work the student helpers, you even get in free! For more information, please contact Karen at kadamiGSD@aol.com .

The regional meeting is just over a month away, and I am preparing an agenda for the meeting that includes a slate of officer candidates. I covered the rest of the issues with my last email (in which I also included the current bylaws and suggested revisions). If you didn’t get that message, or want it sent again, please don’t hesitate to contact me. And of course, if you’re interested in any officer position within the region (including mine) don’t hesitate to let me know.

Happy training!

WJ

No comments: